Under 65’s Flu Clinic
Posted on October 20th, 2020
In order to vaccinate patients as safely and efficiently as possible on the afternoon of Tuesday, October 27th the surgery will be open for medical emergencies only as we are running an under 65’s flu clinic.
Please can we ask that you only call that afternoon if it’s medically urgent. Please do not visit the surgery to collect / drop anything off.
We will have skeleton staff on the phones however the majority of the team will be helping to ensure that the Flu Clinic runs safely and that social distancing measures are adhered to.
We appreciate this may cause inconvenience for some patients but hope that you understand the importance of vaccinating, especially this year.
Please note this is for booked appointments only and not a walk in service.
If you have received a text message or letter advising you to book an appointment please do so. We receive the vaccines in batches so will be inviting our most vulnerable patients first.
For patients and staff safety when attending the surgery for a flu appointment please can you do as follows;
– Do NOT enter the practice if you or any members of your household have any symptoms of COVID-19
– Please ensure that you wear a face covering
– Arrive on time for your appointment. We are keeping the number of patients in the waiting room at any one time to a minimum. If you arrive too early you may be asked to wait in a car if you have driven, or if you arrive too late you may not be able to be seen.
– Once inside the waiting room please ensure that you stand on one of the clearly marked out spots on the floor and ensure social distancing measures are adhered to.
– Remove coats before you enter the clinical room and ensure sleeves are rolled up so that the clinician can easily access the top of your arm.
– We are operating a one way system so please exit at the back of the building once you’ve been vaccinated, this will be clearly signposted.
As always thank you for your cooperation and understanding, Sothall Medical Centre.