Health Trainers are people who have been recruited from within the local community who have been extensively trained to work with you on a one-to-one basis to help improve your health. They are NOT personal trainers and do not give medical advice.
Health Trainers can help you with the following:
- Advice and information
- Eating healthily
- Losing weight
- Getting more active
- Referrals to Stop Smoking Support
- And much more…..
They do this by offering:
- Support, encouragement and motivation
- Referral to other services and activities
- The chance to set your own health goals
- 6-7 sessions on a one-to-one basis
- Accompany you to first appointments
- Identify groups or activities in your local area